When thinking about avocados, most peoples’ minds go immediately to guacamole or salads. But lately I’ve been reconsidering the uses for avocados, specifically when it comes to desserts.
Carob Avocado Mousse
makes approximately 4 servings
2 Organic Avocados, ripe but not brown (mine weighed 10.5 oz / 207 g, without pits & skin)
2 Tbl (42 g) Organic Honey (local preferred)
5 Tbl (30 g) Carob Powder (could sub cocoa powder, if preferred)
3/4 c (186 g) Organic Coconut Milk Beverage
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend on high speed until everything is combined, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Portion into cups & refrigerate a couple hours before serving.
- If you're not following an Autoimmune Protocol, feel free to substitute cocoa powder instead of the carob. The carob will give the mousse a slightly more toasted flavor.
- The mousse can be frozen for a delicious frozen treat
This post contains affiliate links.