Monday, July 23, 2012

Confetti Cake Waffles with Ice Cream


4 things that I think are quite wonderful.......


1.  Waffles!  One of my favorite breakfast foods, and an item I use to only eat if I ordered it in a restaurant.  But now, we have a waffle iron!  Hurray for waffles at home!


2.  Confetti cake! Ah, there's nothing quite like the taste of confetti/funfetti cake (or cake batter) to remind me of childhood birthdays & licking the beaters clean of cake batter after Mom mixed the cake. Or, I've made this formula from scratch, including making the rainbow pieces (though, I'm not as picky when it comes to confetti vs rainbow chip vs funfetti).


3.  Ice Cream! Homemade... Store Bought....  French style, American Style, Gelato... I'm not sure I've ever turned down ice cream, except perhaps that terrible banana puddin' ice cream I mentioned in this post.


4.  Birthdays!  I love birthdays. It's always an excuse for cake (or special birthday dessert, if you're not into cake).


Who wouldn't love starting their birthday (or someone else's birthday) with Confetti Cake Waffles a la Mode for breakfast?  I certainly wouldn't mind!


 Ironically enough (or perhaps not), I'm starting out today-- which happens to be my birthday--just this way.  


And because cake waffles with ice cream, while wonderful, still don't make up for a traditional birthday cake, check back later this week for a peek at my actual birthday cake!


Confetti Cake Waffles
makes approximately 12 waffles, depending on size of your waffle iron 

3 eggs
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil, plus additional for the waffle iron
1 box Confetti Cake Mix
Ice Cream
Sprinkles

1.  Preheat waffle iron.  In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and oil.  Add the confetti cake mix & stir to combine. Add additional sprinkles, if desired.

2.  Lightly grease the waffle iron with oil & portion waffle batter onto waffle iron.  Cook waffles until light golden. Note: I usually like crispy waffles, but these are better a little on the lighter and softer side.  

3.  Top with vanilla ice cream & additional sprinkles. Serve waffles with a strong cup of coffee (these are not for the faint of sweet tooth!)  Freeze any leftovers to eat frozen later or reheat :)

4 comments:

  1. These look great! I love putting sprinkles on everything and then renaming it "Fiesta ______". I especially like Fiesta Pancakes. Life is too boring without sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I like the way you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete