I had intended to make coconut ice cream, rippled with roasted plums, but I seem to have turned into a crazy paleo person with a freezer so full of meat, veggies & smoothie fruit that I cannot find space for my ice cream bowl. Oh to have a Pacojet or Gelato Maker-hey, I can dream, right? :)
Instead, I made these roasted plums and topped them coconut yogurt & a little honey. It might not be an ice cream sundae, but it still is an elegant summer dessert option (or breakfast).
Honey Roasted Plums
yields 4 servings
4 ripe plums, organic if possible
15 g (approximately 2 tsp) honey, organic if possible, plus additional for serving
Vanilla Coconut Yogurt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (I used our toaster oven).
- Half each plum & remove the pit. Arrange the plums in a baking dish. Drizzle with the honey, using more if the plums are not sweet, or less if the plums are sweet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the plums are very soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly & serve topped with coconut yogurt & an additional drizzle of honey.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This post contains affiliate links.