Phoenix Helix had the brilliant idea to compile a community e-book of Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Instant Pot® recipes called The Paleo AIP Instant Pot® Cookbook. I was thrilled to contribute recipes for applesauce, low FODMAP beef stew, pomegranate poached pears, and coconut yogurt to the e-book.
top: BBQ Pulled Chicken, Smothered Okra, Caribbean Plantain Lamb Stew
middle: Pomegranate Poached Pears, Coconut Yogurt, Applesauce
bottom: Kalua Pig, Peach Cobbler, Cranberry Apple Chicken with Cabbage
The book features recipes ranging from broths to sauces & condiments to vegetables to poultry to meat to seafood to offal to desserts and more! No major food group is left behind. 137 of the 140 recipes (excluding three recipes in the “Extras” section) are compliant with the elimination phase of the Autoimmune Protocol. And, there are charts in the back of the book for ways to modify recipes to fit additional special diet modifications, like low-FODMAP, GAPS/SCD and Coconut-free.
But wait! There’s more! (insert informercial-speak, haha!) Purchasing The Paleo AIP Instant Pot® Cookbook through me during the month of October 2016 also enters you in a giveaway to win some sweet Instant Pot® accessories: 1) a stainless steel inner pot (having a second insert comes in *really* handy when making back-to-back recipes), 2) a silicone lid/cover for the stainless steel insert (to easily store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator), and 3) an extra sealing ring (always a good thing to have on hand in case your old ring breaks, or in case it smells too “savory” for making desserts). I’ll randomly choose a winner at the beginning of November 2016. Sorry, due to postage constraints, the accessory giveaway is open only to those in the United States.
If you’re *still* on the fence about purchasing this amazing e-book, head over to Eileen’s site to enter a giveaway to win a copy. Simply answer the rafflecopter question & 10 winners will be chosen October 8, 2016.
“Chocolate" Cake (AIP)
from Samantha at Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
Yields 3 servings
1 green plantain
½ ripe banana
¼ cup mashed avocado
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus additional for greasing pans
2 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons carob powder
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup water
Optional garnishes: coconut cream, coconut flakes or fruit
- Add the plantain, banana, avocado, coconut oil, honey, carob, vinegar, baking soda, and cream of tartar to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease three mini fluted pans or ramekins with additional coconut oil. Pour the batter into prepared pans until they are about ¾ of the way full.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot® and add the steaming rack. Place the pans onto the steaming rack.
- Close and lock the lid. Press “Manual” for high pressure. Set cooking time to 18 minutes. Once time is up, quick release the pressure (there are further instructions for pressure release on page 7 of the e-book.
- Garnish with coconut cream, coconut flakes, or fruit and serve warm.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning Sweet Treats makes a small commission off items purchased
after a link is clicked, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support.